Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Still alive in Cusco

It was a longer than usual break between posts. Perhaps it is because lately we have been getting sick - suffering from food poisoning. Strange that we managed to survive for so long without getting sick and then suddenly everyone was having serious problems. Or perhaps it is because instead of running the show usually with no more than three people (including us) we were seven (for a week even nine)...So it was much more fun...Temporarily we also have another rabbit - our cook bought her and Chaplin takes care of her for the time being.

We have also been preparing some new events for the kids - tomorrow we have a big party at one of the biggest dance clubs in Cusco - we get 50 euro cents for each drink sold. Lets hope lots of people show up.

Anyway sometime ago I was forced to be the quiz master as we are still doing the pub quizzes- for the first time in my life - until now we had a volunteer from England doing the quizzes. She was really good so I had quite a challenge to much her performance.

I think it went well except for the fact that we raised a much lower amount of money than usually. I felt pretty bad about it. On the other hand there were less people as well. At least it seemed everybody enjoyed the contest but somehow did not donate more than was the minimum entry fee to the quiz. However, strange it might sound I still enjoyed myself very much - it felt good to be running the show the way I wanted :)) You never know whether thanks to the quiz we get a new volunteer or a new valuable contact.

This week we again had native speakers lead the pub quiz - they did a great job and we raised more money. We also sold some jewelery made by our Danish volunteers sold, and me having a role as a DJ during the music section of the pub quiz...Now I can call myself DJ Tomekkk :) Alternatively I should go to the store where they had this amazing mannequin to get a suit since we have also enrolled ourselves into a two day seminar about exporting to EU :)) That's tomorrow and the day after...



No comments: