Friday, March 6, 2009

My wish for the future

I have lately stumbled on a web site acting as an Internet Archive. It is amazing to see the first web sites and Internet based businesses which took off in the middle of the 90'ies and which I remember so vividly. I was actually the lucky one to have internet access at home already somewhere in the beginning of 1995 (I sort of landed a part time job with one of the first ISP in Warsaw). So in Poland I was one of the few lucky ones - even my high school at that time had only one computer with access to the internet. Internet fascinated me and already then captured my imagination as the land of endless opportunities...

Anyway, it is hard to believe that Amazon started only in 1996 and Yahoo just a bit earlier...check it out. At that time I had so many ideas to start business on the Internet - ideas that now exist and prosper. I guess I was too young to pull them through - anyway in Poland at that time it was probably easier to start an organized crime group in mafia style than an Internet business. So I have never transformed my ideas into reality...but I know I was right and had a chance...now we also have an idea - and nobody is even close to what we came up with. This time though we will start transforming it to reality. I wish that in ten years my idea will also be listed as a dinosaur in this Internet Archive!!! Not more than that - just being listed there

No comments: