Wednesday, August 6, 2008

A day in Cusco - continued

We have just added the first set of portraits of our kids. We have three schools so there will be three sets...With time each picture will tell a story (we have to learn them ourselves)...We are also working on setting a separate blog for the Cusco center...ex and current volunteers will post their experiences from their time spent with the kids etc...

As to current events - we have just gotten our hands on our recruiting fliers. They are black and white and Rita decided to color every single one of them. I told her that it is pure madness - but I had nothing to say to her response - she told me that it is like watching soccer games on TV. When she told me that I ought to watch European Championships when they are replayed instead of live (once we were in Asia usually the games started at 2am), I politely refused saying that it is not right since I cannot influence the game any more. Once I watch them live on TV obviously I DO INFLUENCE THE SCORE (sadly with little success what comes to the performance of Polish team)...Therefore she will color all 1000 pieces so that they have a personal touch and better success rate in recruiting volunteers.Lets see...So far going to the schools every morning is kind of hard on me.

No comments: